Dear Trade Professional,
Thank you for your interest in our lighting collections. Establishing a trade account with Robert
Long Lighting only takes a few moments.
If you are based in the United States, please follow the below instructions.
For those outside the US, please send us an email with your company name and contact information. We will
respond with the additional information required.
Please note: Your account won’t be established until an initial order is placed. However, a
TRADE Price List is available upon request once the application process is complete. Please
Robert M. Long,
Principal, Robert Long Lighting
All initial orders will be processed on a Proforma basis until Net 30 terms have been established. Please complete the Net 30 Credit Application to terms for an upgrade.
All orders require a written Purchase Order at the time of order and a 50% deposit. Proforma Accounts will require the balance prior to shipping. Those accounts upgraded to Net 30 terms will pay the balance Thirty (30) days from date of invoice.
1) WARRANTY. Our products carry a lifetime warranty for materials and craftsmanship. We firmly stand behind everything we make and will do what is necessary to ensure client satisfaction should anything fall short of expectations.
2) WARRANTY DETAILS. The lifetime warranty is limited to repair or replacement of the fixture itself, and does not extend to ancillary charges such as site work or electrician fees. The determination of whether repair or replacement is appropriate will be made by us at our sole discretion. Any approved repair work must be performed at our manufacturing facility. Any unauthorized repairs or modifications will void this warranty entirely. Incorrect installation or failure to follow our care instructions will void this warranty entirely. This warranty does not cover damages from weathering, misuse, or normal wear and tear.
3) INITIAL DEPOSIT AND FINAL PAYMENT. A 50% deposit is required before an order is placed into our production schedule. Deposits are non-refundable. Final payment is due prior to delivery, shipment or release of an order for Proforma Accounts. Net 30 Accounts require final payment Thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Custom and quick ship orders as well as any orders under $2000.00 are due in full at the time of order. All payments are received and processed at Robert Long Lighting, No. 3 Gate Five Road, Suite D, Sausalito, CA 94965. We accept payment by check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
4) PRICING. The net pricing of our fixtures is subject to change without prior notice. All fixtures are invoiced at the price that is in effect at the time the order is received. We honor pricing for written quotations (including custom projects) for thirty (30) days from the date of quotation, regardless of a subsequent pricing increase.
5) ORDER ACCURACY. In order to ensure your satisfaction, we not only require a written Purchase Order from the client but also a client signature on all quotes prior to processing. Please review your quote thoroughly for accuracy. We will not be held responsible for discrepancies in quantities or custom specifications, even though we may have assisted in their preparation. The details and quantities contained in our Order Acknowledgment will be deemed final and will supersede any conflicting details or quantities contained in a client’s purchase order.
6) SHIPMENT. Unless otherwise requested by the client, orders are typically shipped via parcel method, such as UPS. Please determine if this method is suitable for the delivery site and inform us at the time of ordering if it is not. Additional crating fees may be required for certain fixtures. All orders are assessed shipping and handling charges. If a client does not wish to incur shipping and handling charges, their fixtures will be made available in bubble wrap only at our shipping dock, where our liability for damage will end.
7) DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE FIXTURES. Clients must examine merchandise upon receipt and report any damage to Robert Long Lighting within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt. Claims for damage will not be honored after that period. All packaging must be retained when making a claim for damage and visible damage must be noted in writing with the shipper. Fixtures must be inspected at the time of receipt for defects or deficiencies. We will not be liable for anything beyond replacement or repair of defective or deficient fixtures, and will not be held responsible for installation expenses incurred as a result of a deficiency or defect. Installation constitutes acceptance.
8) SITE CONDITIONS. Robert Long Lighting does not accept responsibility or liability for site preparation or conditions, installation, sealing or refinishing. It is the responsibility of the client to determine that site conditions are suitable to receive the fixtures ordered. This includes electrical junction boxes and water/weather conditions. Robert Long Lighting is not liable for defective or improper installation work.
9) REFUNDS/ RETURNS. All sales are final. No cancellations are allowed once an order is in production. We are, however, with written authorization from Robert Long Lighting happy to provide company credit toward another purchase for any non-custom fixture that is returned within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Returned fixtures must not have been installed and must be in their original condition and packaging. A minimum 20% restocking fee will apply to such returned fixtures. Fixtures that have been installed may not be returned for refund or credit. Custom fixtures may not be returned for refund or credit.
10) PRODUCTION LEAD TIMES. Our lead times can vary depending upon our production schedule and depending upon the size and complexity of a given order. We do accept orders for expedited production for a pricing premium. Unless we accept an order for guaranteed expedited production, all quoted ship dates are estimates only and are subject to change.
11) GLASS AND FINISHES. Much of the glass pictured in our catalog is hand blown. Due to the unique production methods, natural variation in tone and texture may occur. Most of our finishes are hand-applied and are subject to occasional irregularities or variations. Many of our finishes are “living” and will continue to patinate over time. Orders for premium finishes will require additional production time.
12) UL LISTING. Many of our electric lights have an UL mark. UL (Underwriters Laboratories) is a safety consulting and certification company. UL is approved to perform safety testing by the US federal agency Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Please refer to our specification sheet to determine whether a given fixture is UL listed and for what conditions. This listing may not apply to our custom fixtures.
13) CUSTOM PROCESS. Many of our standard fixtures can be customized in scale, finish, and mounting. We are also pleased to entertain requests for custom lighting commissions. Please note that custom orders cannot be returned or canceled once placed. Clients placing custom orders will be required to review and sign our Custom Terms and Conditions (separate document).
14) BENCH-MADE. Our fixtures are bench-made, and we take great pride in the quality of this form of craftsmanship. We believe this to be one of the greatest attributes of our fixtures and why they hold such appeal for those clients who seek individual quality. It also can lead to slight “imperfections”. Please do not be surprised by occasional, slight irregularities, inconsistencies or variations in the fixtures.
15) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Robert Long Lighting retains copyright and ownership of all quotations, designs, drawings, and plans.
By clicking submit, I agree to all the terms and conditions laid out in this application.
Robert Long Lighting
3 Gate Five Road, Ste D
Sausalito, CA 94965